I thought desk cravings when I was working at an office 40 hours a week was bad…. it has tripled since working from home and I have had to get creative. I put together a list of healthy snacks and a few routine things I have incorporated that have overall, had me feeling better.
Lately I have been putting Vital Proteins in everything. Smoothies, coffee, water. The collagen peptides have been doing wonders for my nail and skin health. As we age our bodies struggle to produce as much collagen, and introducing collagen peptides can help! This supplement is something I have easily added into my daily routine and preparing a smoothie ahead of time feels that much more rewarding! + a smoothie is a super healthy desk snack!
Liquid IV is also something I have been trying out more as I sit inside for 8 hours of the day. It is a great option for hydration and when you water it down, not overly sweet. Having water at my desk 24/7 is imperative so spicing it up with a liquid iv packet helps me not get bored!
Here are some quick snacks you might enjoy…
- Sliced cucumber with low-fat cream cheese and everything bagel seasoning
- Orange slices (Vitamin C, YUM!)
- Mixed fruit smoothie – here is the recipe!
- Boiled egg (Add some salt and pepper & you are golden)
- Blueberries and almonds (both help you burn fat!)
- Sugar Snap Peas (I dip these in ranch and they’re so good but if you are trying to be even healthier, scratch the ranch)
- Sunflower seeds
- Anything with Taziki dip, my favorite!
- Safe & Fair granola, the birthday cake is SO yum